Switchroot is a group for open-source development on the Nintendo Switch, a Tegra X1-based game console with a FOSS bootstrap exploiting a low-level recovery bootloader. We maintain many projects for the Switch and are in the process of consolidating all our many guides into this Wiki. If you'd like to help work on one of our projects or even just edit this site, ask in the Switchroot Official Discord Server.
- Switchroot Android (Current version based on LineageOS 17.1/Android Q)
- Linux 4 Switch (Ubuntu Bionic, Lakka full release, other distros buildable, based on open source L4T kernel)
- Box86 + Box64 on L4S (x86 and x64 emulation layer running in Linux)
- WOA in KVM on L4S (Windows 10/11 ARM64 running virtualized in Linux--in very early testing and not expected to be useful)
- Switchroot Maru OS (In very early development, based on LineageOS 17.1 and modified Maru OS 0.6 sources)
- More to come!