0. L4T Linux Distributions
Understanding and setting up L4S distros
The state of each distributions available is variable here is a little table reporting the state of it (click on a distro to download):
Active = Actively supported distribution. Abandoned = No support, may be broken, please don't bother devs about these builds they exist for transparency and historical reasons.
- 1.Insert SD card to your PC
- 3.Launch "TegraRCMGUI" and Install The APX driver if needed. This can be located in "Setting" -> "Install Driver"
- 5.Connect your switch to your PC/device via usb cable.
- 6.First, power off your Switch then insert the RCM Jig in the right joycon rail and press/hold VOLUME UP + POWER BUTTON for three seconds to enter into RCM
- 7.Find and select "heakte_ctcaer_X.X.bin" under "Select payload:" and hit "Inject payload". Then your Switch should now be in Hekate bootloader.
First time Linux installation
- 1.Partition the sd card in order to create an ext4 partition. hekate's partition manager can be used for that: Tools -> Partition SD Card.
- 1.The process in hekate is destructive, so you need to backup your fat partition files (if they are more than 1GB total) or emuMMC.
- 2.Move the sliders as you want them and then hit next. You will have plenty of chances/warns to backup your stuff if it's needed.
- 2.Make sure your Switch is connected via usb to your PC/Device and Select SD UMS
- 3.Extract your distro of choice 7z directly to SD
- 4.Safely unmount and flash via hekate's Flash Linux
- 5.Then go to Home and Nyx options and dump your joycon BT pairing
- 6.Return to hekate's Home menu and choose "More Configs"
| |- L4T-XXXXXXX.ini
| |- l4t.00 (4092 MiB parts. Last part can be 4 MiB aligned)
| |- l4t.01
| |- ...
| |- l4t.XX